The Big Picture (6 of 7)Posted: November 14, 2017
November 14, 2017
As I have noted, in our experience, there are usually 7 major issues involved in creating or adding a new competitive intelligence unit. They are
- financial and personnel
- internal marketing
- customers and their needs, and
- products and feedback.
Several of the cases in Competitive Intelligence Rescue – Getting It Right, our newest book, deal with managing internal customers and their needs, as does chapter 5 in Bottom Line Competitive Intelligence. Here are a couple of the key high-level issues in that process:
- Who are your customers? Who else should be customers?
- What do they really need? How does that differ from what they say they need?
- How are you helping your customers determine their needs? Small investments here can pay big dividends in the long run.
- How good is your direct access to your customers? How can you improve that?
Also check out this past blog – Ten Things Outside CI Consultants Do Not Want to Deal With.